Friday 5 September 2014

PRODUCTS NOT WORTH THE HYPE

There's nothing worse than spending well earned money on products that don't live up to their reputation, here's my top 5..




Benefit Lolli Tint: I must have used this 3 or 4 times before realising the colour wasn't for me. It's too purple toned and I hoped the vibrancy wouldn't show through when applied however I was very wrong, leaving me with pneumonia style lips...

M.A.C Pro Longwear Concealer: If it wasn't for the over excitable pump, this product wouldn't be half as disappointing. Not only can you not control the amount of product you are pumping, its either all or nothing. It dispenses far too much product to be used as a concealer! I got this one shade lighter than my foundation in order for it to act as a highlighting concealer but failed drastically.

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser: I never understood this product after reading all the amazing reviews online I thought it must have just been me. I tried and tried with this primer but I still don't see what everyone was raving about, It left me feeling oily and unfortunately I didn't see my make up application differ at all.

Bourjois Liner Feutre in Ultra Black: I've never been great at applying liquid eyeliner but the felt tip applicator on this product is what grabbed my attention. The initial appearance of the liner is great but it only takes an hour or so before it starts flaking and looking crusty. I used it twice until it got pushed to the back of my make up stash.

Rimmel eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown: I know a lot of beauty bloggers love this product and for me it was fine when I was 17 and didn't really know much about filling in my eyebrows. After using higher quality products I find this one to be chalky, unblendable and the pencil blunts super easily. As a first time brow pencil its fine as somewhere to start but there's certainly more hype worthy products on the market.

Let me know what your most disappointing products are, I read all your comments and check out all blogs left below :)
Charlotte x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Charlotte Rumsby. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig